miércoles, 11 de febrero de 2009

Mobile Marketing and Politics...


Although this might sound like a natural combination nowadays (Due to the success of Obama's Mobile Marketing Campaign), this is something that is far from new. I have to admit that I don't have an idea on who was the first politician to use mobile marketing tools to promote their campaigns, but the first time I heard of such a concept was from my good friend and business partner... Juan Carlos Holguin.

When I started this blog I said that I will have guest bloggers that will add value to "The Red Pill", and Juan Carlos is certainly a person that will add lots of value to the Blog. Since I always try to keep this blog very personal let me give you some background info on Juan Carlos (Juanca from now on!) and how we know each other. 

I have known Juanca since I was a kid, how I met him??...no idea... he is just one of those guys who I have know my whole life. Now, the interesting part begins when he calls me up to WashU( My undergrad school)  and asks me if I want to start a business with him...of course I said yes! and of course the company went bankrupt. However we learned a lot!!! and we tried it again..and again.. until we finally started a firm that today is successful (www.tuboleta.com.ec). However while we were trying to become the next Bill Gates, we worked together in a Mobile Marketing company (www.net-people.com), in fact he taught me everything I know about Mobile Marketing and Mobile Content, and in those days he told me about a mobile campaign that he did for a former Major of Quito. 

Juanca now is the General Manager of Net-People Ecuador and is one of the pioneers and responsible for introducing Mobile Marketing in Ecuador. Besides great entrepreneurial skills Juanca has always been passionate about politics (Hey! nobody is perfect!)  and when I was discussing Obama's Mobile Campaing in one of my classes I realized that Juanca would be the perfect person to describe to us what Obama did to successfully use the mobile channel in the road to become the most powerful man in the world. 

So Juanca.. Please in a few paragraphs (Believe it or not he writes longer than I do...sorry for the long posts!!) tell us what you think were the key success factors of Obama's Mobile Campaing....we will be waiting! (2 days at the most please!!) 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario